Conventional sponges are made from oil-based plastic – polyurethane to be specific (evil stuff). Studies show that in order to keep your typical sponge bacteria free, it should be sanitized every few days by soaking in bleach or zapping it in the microwave. Loofah sponges are great natural alternatives, but they should also be dried after each use, and sanitized each week to keep bacteria at bay. A silicone sponge is a great alternative.
- This silicone sponge is made of silicone, soft and flexible, and easy to clean with boiling water – even better, silicone dries quickly and discourages bacteria growth and odor.
- Good for cleaning dishes, bowls, cups, pans, pots, fruits, vegetables, and more.
- Extremely durable and can easily replace a dozen or more traditional sponges.
- Silicone is chemical-free and extremely temperature resistant – from -76°F to 500°F – so sanitizing with hot water is a breeze.
- Size: Approx 13 x 8.5cm, 1.5cm thick